Old Surgery – New Sound System
With over 28,000 registered students, the Justus Liebig University (JLU) in Gießen is Hessen’s second largest higher education institution. Originally founded in 1607 as the Ludwig University, the establishment later became the University for Life Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, before being renamed after the famous chemist Justus (von) Liebig following the Second World War.
Until recently, all teaching areas and deanery offices were scattered throughout the Faculty of Medicine. That changed following the conversion of the “Old Surgery”, which was originally built in 1907. The building in question, situated near the clinic, has now been converted into two lecture theatres, each accommodating around 300 students.
A new sound system has been installed in each lecture theatre in order to deliver the highest levels of speech intelligibility, as well as even sound coverage throughout. BFE Studio and Medien Systeme GmbH from Mainz, who were responsible for the installation, opted for Linea Focus line source systems with integrated Fohhn Beam Steering Technology. In both rooms, an LFI-220 system has been mounted on each side of the projection screen.
Congratulations to BFE on this successful project.